There are many songs that DJs will need to play during a Wedding. Below is a common wedding timeline associated with some of the popular song selections for each portion.....
1. Pre-ceremony music: 30 minutes worth of love songs as the guests arrive and take their seats
2. Wedding party processional music: "Claire De Lune" Debussy
a. Mother of the Bride + escort (usually a brother of the Bride)
b. Grandparents of the Bride
c. Grandparents of the Groom
d. Bridesmaids & Groomsmen
e. Best Man & Maid of Honor
f. Groom & Officiant
g. Ring bearer & flower girl
3. Bridal processional music - "Canon in D Major" Pachelbel
4. Some people may have a song in the background during a candle light ceremony: piano song
5. Recessional songs - "Wedding March" Mendelsohn
COCKTAIL HOUR: One hour of loungey music where guests can talk & mingle - Buddha bar house type music with instrumentals
1. Seating music - 15 minutes worth of love songs until wedding party is ready
2. Entrance of the wedding party - "Let's Get It Started" Black Eyed Peas or any happy song
3. Entrance of the Bride & Groom - Any happy song, "Feel Again" One Republic
4. First dance of the Bride & Groom - Extremely personal choice, "All of Me" John Legend
5. Father/Daughter dance - "Dance Like Yo Daddy" Meghan Trainor
6. Mother/Son dance - "A Song for Mama" Boys 2 Men, "You Raise Me Up" Josh Groban
7. Dinner music - anything goes, but I tend to use this opportunity to cater to the grandparents & parents: lots of Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Etta James, etc.
8. Cake song - "Sugar Sugar" Archies, "Sugar" Maroon 5, "Cut the Cake" The Average White Band
9. Bouquet toss - "Single Ladies" Beyonce
10. Garter toss - This portion may be it a bit sexual for the conservative audience. So, a lot of couples opt for these light-hearted song choices: "Mission Impossible" Theme Song, "Pink Panther" Theme Song, "Hot in Here" Nelly
11. Dance - Billboard top 40 party music from the 70s - current
Of course, every couple is different and there is no right or wrong song choice for these wedding portions. It's ultimately the decision of the B&G to decide what song they'd like for their big day. We just hope this will help couples get off to a great start!
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Tessa Young, Founder
Jin Beck, Partner